Saturday, January 16, 2010

UGH

There's no better title for this post.  I can get creative, I can mince words, but I'm sick. And gross.  And crabby.  And horrible to my husband and dog because of all I just mentioned.

I knew my voice was going Wednesday.  I've lost my voice twice a year ever since I was 14 or 15 years old... I don't know why, though I'm guessing seasonal allergies are to blame.  That being said... pretty sure there are NO allergies floating around in the ice world of HOTH.. so who the hell knows.

Anyway... I was all out mannish on Thursday... and by Thursday afternoon my body just felt WEAK.. I ended up going home sick after the 6pm newscast.  Felt sluggish yesterday.. but went ahead and emceed an event I had already been committed to.  Came home, went to bed.

WOKE UP AT 5 AM, MISERABLE.  My throat, raw.  My head, pounding.  My patience, gone.  I can't sleep, can't stop coughing barking, and by the time Bri woke up at 9 I snapped at him because Mack was whining to be let out and I didn't get off the couch to do it.  He let Mack out--I went back to bed.

I woke up at 1 this afternoon.. and Bri had gone to work.. and taken Mack to PetSmart so I could just sleep and get better.  Have I mentioned he's the best husband on earth??

Ugh.. I feel horrible... icky, gross, pathetic.. I've watched everything on my DVR.. movies on HBO I had even vague interest in.. and I've sunk to watching the US Pairs Ice Skating PRELIMS.. not even the finals... while eating straight up Julienne potatoes.. because that was the only thing in our pantry that looked remotely appetizing other than the Peanut Butter Captain Crunch I've been living on for the past 36 hours.

Oh yeah--did I mention Bri was at home sick with the FLU all week this week, and not once did he snap at me or whine about ANYTHING, let alone our poor dog? YEAH, I suck.

Here's to HEALTH.. SLEEP... and whatever else it takes to feel even incrimentally better than this.  Because.. well.. UGH.

1 comment: