Sunday, January 24, 2010

Regret, Shiraz, and Clorox

How's that for a title?

Let's go one by one.. starting from the last and moving backward..

CLOROX
  I started Friday morning at around 11 a.m. in our master bathroom.  I scrubbed/washed/sponged/sprayed ALMOST EVERY SPOT of our house.  Laundry, check.  Scrubbing the showers, check.  Dusting, check.  I was on a mission to remove every speck of sick/cold/sniffles/smell that lingered in our house from both of our week-long illnesses.  I almost don't recognize our house right now.. and I know it won't stay this way for long.. but I can safely say now, "THIS HOUSE IS CLEAN!!"

SHIRAZ
  It's no secret--I enjoy a nice glass of wine on the weekends or at the end of a really long day.  After my Clorox Expedition on Friday, Saturday night I settled on to my scrapbook cushion.. turned on Ice Skating Finals.. and laid out my scrapbooking materials in front of me.  For anyone who doesn't know me.. and anyone who hasn't scrapbooked... this is a tedious, creativity-draining, drawn-out hobby for me.  It takes me awhile to figure out how I want each pair of pages to look.. then to figure out how to create that.. then to get it to look just how I see it in my head.. etc.  So 3 hours and 4 pages in.. I reached above my head to get the little box holding all of my wedding shower stuff to start pages 5 and 6.... except I didn't CATCH the little box...
  I could see it in slow motion... sliding out of my hands.. falling onto the edge of my wine glass.. and the deep red wine inside the glass go splattering all over my carpet, my decals, and my 4 completed pages (my 3 hours worth of work).  I stood up... and walked away.  If I had stayed in that room and tried to fix it/start over right then.. I might have screamed/cried/destroyed the little shower box/all of the above.
  SOOOOO yeah... I'm gonna have to redo those pages.. and I have a HUGE wine splatter stain all over the carpet in that room.  The good news--I'm basically just copying what I already did so it won't take as long.. and we're getting new carpet in the spring so I don't really give a damn about the stain... I'll just keep it covered up so I'm not reminded about my booboo.
  SIDE NOTE:  After I gave up and decided to read my current book ("Twilight 4: Eclipse").. I almost dropped my wine glass and ended up sloshing a few drops on my bathroom floor and the hallway carpet.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?  Was this God's way of telling me--"hey! you lost a few pounds while you were sick.. don't pack it back on with wine!!"  UGH.... silly, clutzy girl...

REGRET
  Church.  Why don't I go?  I haven't gone consistently since before Brian and I got married... and I miss it.  I miss the hour of peace.. the singing.. the time for self-evaluation and reflection.  We planned to go on Christmas Eve and then got blasted with a snowstorm and took 45 minutes to just get home from the station that night... Now..truly, the only reason I don't go: I'M A LAZY ASS.  I plan to go Saturday night.. but that would mean I'd have to get out of sweat pants and shower.  Then I plan to go Sunday morning.. but that would mean getting off the couch and putting down my coffee cup and crossword.

THOSE ARE REALLY STUPID REASONS FOR NOT GOING TO CHURCH.

  I'm ashamed of myself... embarassed.. and I vow to go next week.  Readers, hold me to that.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! That SUCKS about the scrapbook pages....ugh ugh ugh. See, that is why I only drink white wine - b/c I'm a klutz and I know it. ;-)

    I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, looking to me to help get you motivated to go to church probably isn't a good idea. Let's hope your other friends are better people than I am (in the eyes of the Lord anyway).

    However, if you are looking for another excuse NOT to go, I'm SO you're person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should come to texas and spill wine with us! we miss you!

    ReplyDelete