Thursday, November 4, 2010

Because I Need To Be STUPID Excited

Every month, my friend Megs posts a special edition of her blog called "Little Things That Make Me Stupid Excited."  I should mention here Megan has 514 followers reading Twinsomnia.

People, 514 followers.  As in Megs could quit her job, write books about babies and motherhood, and really clean up.  She kicks ass.

I am in DIRE need of little things that cheer me up.. it's been that kind of week.  So I am shamelessly stealing her button and making my own list.  In my defense, Megan encourages this every week.. she even created a button that you can take and include on your own page!

514 followers.  Me = in awe.




**ONE**

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
KICKS ASS.  If money was no object, I'd get one every, single morning.  And afternoon. 
Our son would be born asking for a pick-me up.


**TWO**

The Biggest Loser
LOVE this show.  So inspiring.  Not to mention I'm a reality TV junkie.  It's definitely something I look forward to every week.. especially since I've broken up with Project Runway.
Gretchen sucks.  Mondo rules.


**THREE**

Jenny McCarthy
Former Playmate, very loud, not exactly the role model you'd expect. 
But this week, I felt SOOOOO hideous.  I caught some glimpses of myself in video during a story and almost cried... I AM HUGE.  GINORMOUS.  Yes, I'll say the f* word... I AM FAT.
So I decided to break out a book my ladies Melissa and Jenni SWEAR BY, 'Belly Laughs' by Jenny McCarthy, in which she VERY CANDIDLY talks about her pregnancy and everything that came with it.  Not to compare (because it truly is comparing the planets to gravel..) but she talks a lot about being self conscious throughout her pregnancy because she is in the public eye.. preach on, sister!! Preach on!! Because I feel like all of our viewers are at home, watching, saying "wow.. Brandi's really let herself go..."
So this week, I cracked open her book.  To read "I was a size 12 the first time I went shopping for new clothes".. and to read "by 7 months I had gained about 35 pounds"...
INSTANT RELIEF.  I'm at 6 1/2 months and I've gained about 25 pounds. If supermodel Jenny McCarthy, stunningly gorgeous Jenny McCarthy, gained that much weight during her pregnancy, then maybe I'm ok afer all.  Granted, this fat ass is getting a personal trainer after Easton is born. 


**FOUR**

Easton Kicking
My sweet little man is absolutely kicking and punching up a storm lately.. and I absolutely LOVE IT. 
I love putting my hand on my belly and feeling him go to town.  Sometimes I wonder if this is his way of talking to me:  "Momma!  I need love!"  And since I can't hold him yet.. I just rub my fingers along my belly to let him know I love him and I'm here!  Now, if we can just time it out so when I put his Daddy's hand on my belly so HE can feel his little boy... Easton KEEPS kicking.  So far, no dice :)


Ok.. so I only have 4 things.  But I can't top my baby kicking.
So, for now, I bid you adieu :)

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!! I forgot about that Belly Laughs book - I loved it too. And I wanna feel Easton kick too!!! We definitely need to get together...it has been waaaaaaay too long.

    And you look fabulous, lady. Next time you come over I'll show you the pics of what I looked like when pregnant with the twins - it will make you feel like Heidi Klum. I could email them to you, but I'm afraid of unleashing them on the internet. It is *that* bad. :-)

    ReplyDelete