Friday, October 22, 2010

What To Wear When You're A Planet

So I've finally conquered the "running out of clothes that don't cut off my circulation" problem.  I finally 'womaned' up and forked out the dough for a few pairs of maternity pants.  2 pairs of black pants complete with kangaroo pouch for work, and a pair of maternity jeans.

By the way, I Heart the consignment section at Belly Bumps.  Definitely beats the three figure price tag on most of the other options I looked at.

So I thought I was doing better.. until this week... when I looked at my calendar and realized I'm emceeing three fancy pants events coming up--fancy pants, minus the pants.

Ew.

So I forked over more dough and found a nice little black cocktail dress complete with extra fabric in the online maternity section of Nordstrom.  Perfect... until this week, when I had a working-planning lunch regarding one of the events.  Fancy pants X $250 a plate dinner = BLACK TIE EVENT = LONG GOWN.

So much for my little black extra fabric dress.

I tried on one of my Miss Nebraska dresses for my seamstress mom to see if there was any hope in resurrecting it for post-pageant/pre-Momma me.  Did I mention pageant-Brandi was a size 2?  I'd like to Nancy Kerrigan her right about now.. ('Why me?!?! Why?!?!?!?!!!!')  Suffice it to say, there's no chance in hell we can alter it.

So I spent my Friday night researching some options.. and I need help.  VOTES, PLEASE!

OPTION #1, BUT IN BLACK

OPTION #2, ALSO IN BLACK


OPTION #3, COME DOWN WITH SMALL POX THAT NIGHT AND STAY HOME

Thank you for voting. :)

1 comment:

  1. This may be a little late, but I vote white!

    ReplyDelete