Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snow: OUT, 2010: IN

My poor husband was out for 2 hours Friday morning to dig us out of the shoulder-high drifts against our garage... then out for another hour Friday night to clear our sidewalks.. then out for 4 hours Saturday morning clearing his brother's and his parents' driveways.  He might be the kindest man EVER.

If he can clear all that snow without so much as complaining.. I can accomplish everything I want this year without whining, procrastinating, etc.  Ok, maybe that's a stretch.. but it's a start :)

1) GET BACK IN SHAPE (who doesn't have this resolution on his/her list?? Jennifer Anniston??)
  I say it every year.. hell, last year I had this amazing motivation known as MY WEDDING DAY and I still didn't get the body I'd been hoping I'd push myself to get.  THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT!  Again, something I've said before.. so I've just got to deliver.  That's all there is to it.  We've got two weddings this year I really want to look FAB for... and right now.. not so much :)

2) DO ALL THE LITTLE THINGS I THINK OF.. BUT NEVER GET AROUND TO..
  Teeth whitening.  Check.  Grow my hair out.  Check.  Keep my nails pretty--spray tan--whatever!  These are all little things I can do, that hopefully when added up, will help me feel a little more presentable.  And easy to do..if I just put my mind to it and DO IT.. instead of just wishing and whining for something different :)

3) LEARN TO PLAY GOLF
  I've wanted to for years, almost did last year so I would be able to play with Brian on our honeymoon, even LIVE a block away from a driving range.. and I just never have.  No excuses!

4) TRAVEL
  I've got two trips in the works (to see Dani, Justin and ASHTON!! And to see Cas and Brian... then to Canada for Carrie and Scott's wedding!) and I want to keep up the trend heading into 2011.. hell, I have never been to see my little brother in Tempe! 

5) KEEP IN BETTER TOUCH WITH MY FRIENDS
  Texting doesn't cut it.  Phone calls, girlie wine nights, trips, I want to be a better friend and not let work or whatever else I use as excuses get in the way.

6) LEARN TO COOK BETTER.. AND DO IT!
  I'm getting more into.. and I enjoy baking... now I need to try a little more cooking and actually fix food for myself and my husband.. instead of relying on Jimmy Johns, Jason's Deli, frozen dinners and coffee... I spend too much money and it's just not healthy (plus, probably massively contributing to #1 on my list)

7)  WATCH THE OSCAR NOMINATED MOVIES.. BEFORE THE OSCARS!
  This way I'll actually feel like I can make an informed decision when I watch :)

8) ENJOY THE SUMMER
  I realized on our honeymoon how much I adore reading a good book and just lying in the sun.. it's sad we go all the way to a foreign country and instead of sight-seeing, that hammock on the beach was the only thing I could think of.  SOOO this summer, I really want to get a pool membership and take at least part of one of my days off outside enjoying the sun--maybe I'll actually want to SEE the world then when we travel

I'm sure more resolutions will pop up along the way.. here's my start.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Let's do #7 together!!!!! I can never get Scott to go see movies with me...especially arty ones.

    ReplyDelete